Search engine optimization is a process of improving your website’s ranking by getting heavy traffic from organic and editorial search results in search engines. The higher the Server Management Company ranking the higher the reach of your website. To rank the content of your website, digital marketers use different strategies including keyword research, backlinks, on-page, off-page, metadata and SEO Services Company Wales metrics. With keyword optimization, you can improve your ranking but stuffing your content with targeted keywords is not a good idea. When the same keywords appear on multiple pages of your website it hampers the ranking of your website. This is called keyword cannibalization. To get outside help you can choose Digital Marketing Company Staines. Let’s understand the term and how it is affecting SEO.
What is keyword cannibalization?
Keyword cannibalization means when multiple pages of your website are targeting the same keywords to rank. Here one of your two pages is affecting the other’s ranking and hampering the performance of both the pages. That’s why the term cannibalization is given because you are cannibalizing your own ranking. Cannibalization occurs coincidentally when you publish a new page for optimization with the same keywords and intent. Here are 4 ways cannibalization is killing your SEO Services Company Staines.
4 ways keyword cannibalization is affecting SEO
Keyword cannibalization is the silent killer of SEO Services Company Manchester and in most cases, the digital marketers have no clue about it. Let’s have a look at those factors.
- Weakens the page authority: Accidentally you have turned your pages into rivels and their fight for SERP rank and page-view has started resulting in dividing your CTR across relevant pages instead of having an authoritative page.
- Decreases the page value of relevant pages: Ranking a page on search engines is done with effective keyword density. When you use the same keywords on multiple pages, search engines look for relevant information pages and keywords that match Desktop Application Development Services with the search and it may be mistaken for the same content.
- Weakens the links and anchor texts: Backlinks are considered to be the heart of SEO Agency Birmingham. When you divide your backlinks into pages, then the time and effort done to work on those backlinks go in vain. If the same time and effort were put into one better-performing page, it would have ranked better.
Apart from all the problems mentioned above, you can detect cannibalization and fix these issues by:
- Creating new landing pages.
- Reorganizing the most authoritative pages into landing pages with appropriate links.
- Merging your pages that have the same Server Security Management Services content and are affected by keyword cannibalization into one.
- Eliminating some parts of your overlapping content.
Source : Click Here